Sunday, June 12, 2011

Moose, etc.

I've been in Anchorage for a couple of weeks now and the world couldn't be better, save the whole bar exam situation.  I start work Monday as an Assistant Vice President at a federally-chartered credit union, in the meantime, I've been taking pictures of moose licking their own balls.


Why?  Because he can.  Of course, I'm just assuming this calf is a male - I haven't yet figured out how to tell the difference between the sexes when they're young, short of inspecting their undercarriage.


A more stately picture of the young fellow.


View of downtown from the Coastal Trail, which is where I spent the better part of my Saturday.  The trail runs from downtown to Kincaid Park and then forks off into several other trails, which I didn't go for today.  The ride to Kincaid and back to my car was about 20 miles as is and I didn't really feel the need to push it.  Not to mention, it's really easy to lose track of time out there and I had to be somewhere.  Eight o'clock at night looks virtually the same as two in the afternoon.  It was a good ride though, full of ups and downs (hills, not emotions).




After conquering the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment