Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Minnesota and North Dakota

Minnesota had relatively little to offer in terms of photos, or anything...  North Dakota on the other hand, has been pretty interesting.  We stopped in Fargo - not really as interesting as the movie, but I was at least able to stock up on beef jerky and cigarettes, which has allowed me to skip lunch the past two days and make more miles.  My mom just doesn't eat apparently.

Me and the plains.


Me and a REAL buffalo!


Me and A GIANT buffalo monument! 

Both buffalo are located in Jamestown, ND - a wonderful place.  There is also a herd of buffalo around this area as well, no doubt roaming about somewhere.  If I see the herd before I leave, I will make a point to mention it, they are descended mostly from a herd that Teddy Roosevelt owned.  In addition, there are a few albino buffalo, which are very rare - the only three in the world reside in Jamestown.  For more information, you can visit the National Buffalo Museum, right here in Jamestown.

2 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that albino buffalo are delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, home of the giant buffalo, that explains why the hotels were booked

    ReplyDelete