Thursday, May 26, 2011

Holy Shit Moments

We've almost come to the end of the first part of this journey.  We reach Bellingham tomorrow.  My mom will fly home from Washington and I will board a ferry boat headed for Haines, AK. 

As I get closer to my final destination, I find myself in a somewhat reflective mood.  Periodically, the enormity of what I am actual doing suddenly rushes upon me and instantly excites and terrifies me.  This is what I mean by "holy shit" moments.  During these moments, I am comforted and inspired by Theodore Roosevelt's words, which I came across in North Dakota, "the joy of living is his who has the heart to demand it."  It is worth noting that Roosevelt also said he would never have become president, if not for the time he spent on the frontier.

On a lighter note, did you know it snows in northern Idaho this time of year?


Lookout Pass, ID/MT.


Coeur d'Alene, ID.


 Me and Mom in Moses Lake, WA.  A very nice town, filled with very nice people.

4 comments:

  1. I need more ojos del perro, hows the ferry ride?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great trip! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Will! Yes, how's the ferry ride? Or have you arrived already? Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete