Monday, December 3, 2012

Cod in Kodiak, Attractions in the Southwest, and Thanksgiving in the Mountains

A lot has happened since my last post and I apologize for my lack of diligence in maitaining the blog.  Anyway, that leaves me with a lot to catch you up on in one post.  I'll go for the highlights...

Back in September, one of Sarah's clients offered to take me on his fishing boat with him.  Sarah works in fisheries management and her clients are generally large bearded men (see below).  He had just gotten some new gear to try out and could use a hand and company for a 3-day trip, I was not particularly useful in either regard.  


Our fearless captain, George H.


Our trusty vessel, seen at port in Kodiak, AK.


Me and a vanquished Cod fish.


Nothing too interesting about this picure.  I just look excpetional.

Shortly after my excursion into Danger Bay, Sarah and I traveled down to Arizona. The good folks at the Credit Union National Association host an annual attorneys' conference and this year brought us all to Troon, AZ.  A little area outside of Scottsdale - simply wonderful.  The girl isn't bad either.




The Hertz guy offered me a pretty good deal on convertable to drive through the desert for four days.  Sarah instructed me to immediately accept the offer.  In the picture above, we're stopped in one of the many national parks in the area, which was open all night.  With the cacti and coyotes surrounding us, Sarah and I found a lovely little place not too far up the path ... and well, let's just say, it was the first time I felt like mother nature was actively cheering for me.  If you've ever heard a pack of coyotes howling, you can imagine how I felt.


We'll end this post on a family friendly note, it being the holiday season and all.

Sarah's mom and cousin came up this year for Thanksgiving.  Though not pictured, Sarah's cousin James is a lovely fellow.  Her mom is nothing short of fantastic.  I will point out to my family that they are always welcome to visit as well.



We traveled up the road a bit from Anchorage and stayed in Talkeetna for Thanksgiving weekend.  The wonderful little Alaskan town is best known for its pie and access to Denali (Mt. McKinley).  The three new women left in my care - Beth Ann, Sarah, and Stella the dog.  In truth, all three do way more to care for me than I do for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment