Sunday, October 2, 2011

Matanuska Glacier

I've thought for a long time that my bed is too soft, so I went north this weekend and spent Saturday night on a glacier.  Though I subsequently found out there is a much easier way to access the glacier, my route took me about five miles through the bush.  Of course, those who know me well, will tell you that I never have a problem diving into the bush.



The glacier is the giant ice slide on the left.



That's actually a pretty impressive fire, considering I'm camping on a giant block of ice.




This (hole in ice) was where I almost fell into freezing water of unknown depth with no one around to help except my Basset Hound, who is a complete wimp, by the way.  Fortunately, I caught myself on the sides of crevasse and only submerged most of the lower half of my body.  Needless to say, I was glad to have extra socks.


1 comment:

  1. Wow... I like the pictures. I think Arnie would have rescued you, he's was just waiting untill it was really necessary

    ReplyDelete